Thursday, August 30, 2012

Getting your Roll Bounce on at the skating rink

Every other Friday night when we had atleast $15 in our pockets and a cute outfit, me and my friends would go rollar skating!
This is a memory that i'm trying to relive because rollarskating, even though it was popular in the 80's during the late 90's when I was a tween, that's where everyone hung out, now everyone just goes to the club.

The most popular skating rinks in my area were Skate 22 and Branchbrook Rollerskating rink. Me and my girls had to catch a train, and two buses to get to Branchbrook, and we would need a ride to get to Skate 22.

The DJ would play the hottest music, the lights were going off, and everyone was on the floor skating, falling, dancing in the dark corners, eating, playing arcade games, or just chilling. My favorite song to skate to was Soul for Reals "Every lil thing I do"

I remember watching the older men and women do skate routines and tricks, the only trick I knew was skating backwards. I also remember my feet hurting like hell because I skated for hours until the dj cut the music.

Good memories, I even got my first kiss at Branchbrook.

Do you remember skating rinks? Check out the vid

No comments: