Summer time was my favorite season as a kid. No school, endless hours outside playing with my friends, bbq's. There was one thing no kid could go without.... You would hear the jingle blocks away, I would make a dash upstairs to beg my mom or grandma for $1 and race back downstairs hopefully to be first in line at a white truck covered in pictures of delicious frozen treats. If your mama said no tears would flood your eyes.
Mister softee was a staple in my neighborhood. Every kid in my apartment complex would beg and plea for a soft serve icecream cone with confetti sprinkles or a milkshake. And if you was a big timer you would get a banana boat!
I have yet to get a banana boat, hopefully that will change.As a adult when I hear the jingle I fight the urge to race to the truck
before we had coldstone, Maggie moos, or even dairy queen, there was mister softee. Next time you see a truck get the chocolate cone dipped in strawberry, it's amazing! Do you remember mister softee? What was your favorite treat?
No comments:
Post a Comment