Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Word Up Magazine!

WORD UP MAGAZINE!!!

Man oh man! This is a good memory. The 90's bought us some of the most timeless music that is still being played today. Before MySpace, Facebook, twitter, and instagram the only way you could connect or get info on your favorite musical celebs was to buy a copy of Word Up magazine.

Each issue from what I remember would cost $1.50 and in each issue you would get posters! Huge posters that would be taped on the walls of blossoming teenage girls and boys.

I shared a room with my sister and on the wall I would tape up posters and kiss them. I could remember this huge poster of  Ginuwine or Ginu-fine, that I would kiss every night. I was truly smitten with Ginuwine back in the day!

This was also my first introduction to journalism, which is what I'm pursuing now as a career.

Do you remember word up magazine? Which artist was on your favorite issue?

No comments: