A trip down memory lane! This blog is a reflection of childhood memories, different songs, places, and things that will have you saying "I REMEMBER THAT!"
Saturday, September 1, 2012
Check A Box Notes
Do you like me? Check yes, no, or maybe.
You didn't have a childhood if you haven't passed this type of note to a crush or to a potential friend.
This note, as simple as it is, can either make you happy or sad within seconds.
I remember my first check a box note. I was in the sixth grade, and I had a huge crush on this adorable boy named Justin(R.I.P) he had some of the prettiest hazel eyes I've ever seen, he had braids, caramel complexion and was one of the class clowns. Every girl in my class liked him. There were a few he took a liking too, but he never expected the "nerdy girl" aka moi, to like him.
My friends would clown me and call me a punk on several occasions because I didn't have the courage to ask Justin if he liked me. But oh how the fates had me in mind. Our social studies teacher had partnered everyone into groups of two to do an assignment in our textbooks, and thankfully he paired me up with Justin!
I don't think Social Studies was Justin's strong point because all he did was copy my answers, and I didn't care because I had a crush on him. So we're almost done with the assignment, and I quickly scribbled "Do You Like Me?" along with three boxes: yes, no, and maybe. I slid it in his textbook.
School ended and we were all getting our backpacks and things out of the coatroom, and I hear giggling. Justin had read my note to his friends, and I was so embarrassed. His answer was.... no.
That was my first heartbreak. Once we graduated elementary school, I never seen Justin again. It wasn't until a few years ago that I heard from a friend that he was shot and killed.
Do you remember your first check a box note? What was your answer and what answer did you get?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment