Saturday, September 1, 2012

Kriss Krossed Clothing

I was never into fashion. Even as an adult I'm not into labels, If it's nice I'll wear it, it doesn't have to cost alot.

As a child, before I realized I was a girl and had to cross my legs, wear skirts, and act like a lady, I was a tomboy and proud of it!

While some girls were playing with Barbies and Easy Bake Ovens, wearing their ribbons and barretts, little frilly skirts, and mary jane shoes, I was a basketball playing, dirt bomb hurling, sneaker and overall wearing "little thing" 

My grandmother would often say she didn't know where I came from.

My older cousin Mikey had his own room, (I had to share with my sister unfortunately)and everytime I came to my aunt house I would eye this huge poster he had of a hip hop group called Kriss Kross. 

I thought they were so dope! They were rebel. They had baseball jerseys, jeans, and jordans, but they were backwards!

Me being the tomboy I was followed that trend. My grandma hated it! But she allowed me to be an individual, Sunday I had to dress how she wanted me to dress for church. I went into my 3rd grade class with my clothes on backwards and everyone would just stare, a few of my friends even adopted the trend.

Those were some good times, I didn't stay a tomboy forever, now I've come into my own, I wear dresses, or jeans and a tee sometimes. My mom and grandma would be proud.

Did you remember Kriss Kross? Did you ever wear your clothes backwards?

No comments: